Roles of Response TeamEach member of the response team plays an important role. Learn more about each role below.
Environmental Health and Safety Manager or Field Manager
It is the responsibility of the Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Manager or Field Manager to:
- Communicate to site management the costs and benefits of expanding the existing medical emergency response by including defibrillator use.
- Ensure adequate resources are allocated to achieve Early Defibrillation Program goals.
- Designate an Early Defibrillation Program Coordinator who understands early defibrillation and the use of defibrillators, and demonstrates the ability to manage employee teams.
- Review the program annually to evaluate effectiveness.
Early Defibrillation Program Coordinator and Site Coordinators
It is the responsibility of the Early Defibrillation Program Coordinator and Site Coordinators for each site to:
- Participate in case reviews, responder training and retraining, data collection and other quality assurance activities.
- Assure maintenance of the defibrillators and related response equipment.
- Develop and maintain the emergency response plan and company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a list of trained early defibrillation responders.
- Ensure compliance with the company policies and procedures of the Early Defibrillation Program.
Early Defibrillation Response Team Members
It is the responsibility of the Early Defibrillation Response Team members to:
- Successfully complete all required training and skills evaluations, as defined by and/or the requirements of this document.
- Respond to emergency calls according to the site’s early defibrillation response protocol.
- Follow the guidelines of the early defibrillation program and remain current on all certifications.