Do I need an AED for my Location?

Approximately 350,000 Americans will experience a life-threatening condition each year called sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). This condition is fatal if it's not treated within ten minutes. However, traditional first aid, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), isn't enough if the victim is suffering SCA or sudden cardiac arrest (the sudden interruption of the heart's electrical activity resulting in an abnormal rhythm called ventricular fibrillation or VF). If VF is not corrected by defibrillating (shocking) the heart with an automated external defibrillator (AED), the heart will not recover and the victim will die.

Nearly 1,000 people in the U.S. die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest per day. SCA is unpredictable and can strike anyone, including young, old, male, female, even healthy athletes. Because of this, an AED is recommended for any facility where people gather. In addition, anyone who is at high risk should have an AED in case of an emergency.

Step 1

Select your state to find out if your organization is required by law to have an AED

Which is the best AED for my needs?

Rate the importance of the features to find out which AED(s) are right for your needs.

Very Important Important Not Important N/A
Ease of Use
Portability (light weight and small size)
Durability (resistance to dust and water)
Audio CPR Support
Visual ECG Display
Auto Shock Delivery
Training Cartridge
Pediatric Method
Maintenance and Cost
Low Maintenance Cost
Battery Life
Pads Life

The best AED for your needs

    Would you like these results sent to your email?

    If so, just fill our your email address below and submit.

    We value your privacy and will not share, sell or rent your personal information. View our privacy policy.

    How many AEDs do I need?

    Questions? Get Advice from Our AED Experts.

    Live Chat with us or call us at 800-580-1375 (M-F 8a-6p CST). Or, fill out our Contact Form.

    The information posted on our website is not intended as legal advice and may contain inaccurate or incomplete information. We encourage you to contact your state representative should you require more information.