Resource Center Your Complete Guide on Purchasing and Implementing an AED Program

Idaho State AED Law

 Summary of Requirements
Involvement of a licensed physician in the site's program is encouraged to ensure compliance with AED requirements for training, notification, maintenance and guidelines for use.
CPR/AED Training
Expected automated external defibrillator users must receive training equivalent to the CPR and AED training of the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross or similar entities.
EMS Notification Any person or entity who acquires a defibrillator as a result of a prescription shall notify an agent of the emergency communications system or emergency vehicle dispatch center of the existence, location and type of defibrillator.
AED-Check.jpg Maintenance Program
The defibrillator must be maintained and tested according to the manufacturer's operational guidelines.
 AED-Check.jpg Notification of Use
Any person who renders emergency care or treatment to a person in sudden cardiac arrest by using an AED must activate the emergency medical services system as soon as possible, and must report any clinical use of the defibrillator to the prescribing physician.


 Good Samaritan Protection
Property Owner
Physician Trainer

ID Code § 5-337 - 2014

Provides Good Samaritan protection for use of an AED and establishes guidelines for AED programs.


 Laws / Legislation
Date Summary
ID Admin Code §  2015 Outlines general requirements for general anesthesia and deep sedation permits.
ID Admin Code §  2015 Outlines general requirements for moderate external and moderate parenteral sedation permits.
ID Admin Code §  2014 Effective for all public school students who enter grade nine (9) in Fall 2015 or later, each student shall receive a minimum of one (1) class period on psychomotor cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training as outlined in the American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines for CPR to include the proper utilization of an automatic external defibrillator (AED) as part of the Health/Wellness course.

The information posted on our website is not intended as legal advice and may contain inaccurate or incomplete information. We encourage you to contact your state representative should you require more information.