March is National Nutrition Month, and it is all about educating yourself on nutrition! The campaign focuses on the importance of healthy food choices and creating exercise habits. 1NNM began in March 1973 as National Nutrition Week delivering education on nutrition and promoting the profession of dietetics. 1In 1980 the week-long observance was extended to a month in response to increased public interest.
Not sure how to observe the month of national nutrition? We’re here to help! Here are some fun ideas to celebrate health!
- Host a healthy recipe party
- Organize a food donation for a local food pantry
- Try a new fruit and vegetable each week of NNM
- Plant your own garden
- Take a trip to a local farm or farmer market
- Give up processed foods for the month of March
If you have some fun ideas that you’d like to share, leave us a comment down below!